MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Saturday, January 06, 2007

"Tough"


12 x 10 (Plein Air)

This morning at Phipps Park. A guy walking his dogs as I just started says "you picked a tough subject". I liked the dark trees against the grey woods in the background. It was tough, but I think this came out good. One of the problems with plein air painting is that you can drive around all day looking for the perfect subject. I am trying to discipline myself to just go somewhere and find something to paint and in the words of Tim Gunn "make it work". This is about one mile from my house. A great undeveloped park where they hold the "Red Hills Horse Trials". Beautiful, peaceful morning. I hope I got some of that.

1 comment:

Kim Tabah said...

I really have enjoyed your website and your blogspot. This piece I've really enjoyed so much that I've emailed it to a friend of mine who really should purchase it. Good luck.