MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Friday, March 02, 2007

"Seen it Before"


40 x 30
This is not from a photo. The palms are from a photo and the cloud is from a sketch. Reminds me of the St. Johns river valley in Central Florida and the big summer thunderstorms. One of my favorite painters is Edgar Payne. He was a California impressionist/realist from early 20th century. He did alot of mountain and dessert scenes. Sometimes I think those Western landscape painters have it easy because of the elevations and vistas. Then I look at some of Payne's paintings and they are all sky. We got sky in Florida. So I was thinking about that when I did the tops of the palms and couldn't decide what to do underneath them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I really like your work. You have a lovely loose style. I love your compositions and colours.