MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Progress?"


8 x 10 (plein air)
Why: Sunday afternoon plein air painting. Was going to the coast after reading an article about a plein air paintout down there. But decided to go closer to home. Really I didn't have any cash in my wallet. Didn't want to get down there with no money. This is from the first entrance to Phipps Park on Millers Landing Road. The good guys say you should be able to paint a beautiful painting about just about anything. This one I got lucky on, I think. Althought I can hear someone saying okay who wants a painting of a power line? Anyway a great exercise if nothing else. Plus I got to paint and listen to my Ipod in a very nice place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great painting of a power pole. I like how it contrasts the power pole with the tree. I can't explain it, but I like it. I am sure whatever it is that appeals to me, is what drew you to it in the first place, and you captured it. :)

Steve Andrews said...

Thanks for the kind comments. Glad you liked it.