MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Wild and Not Wild"


16 x 20

Another in the line of South Georgia/North Florida rural out-of-your-car-window paintings. Really, this is new genre. I said it first right here. Fact is, there probably is someone who has already said it and done it. He or she probably already had a big show. ("The World in Paint From the Window of my Model A Ford").

This is one of the problem us artists have. We want to have a unique voice. We want to be fresh. We want to be different. (We also wonder who's winning the Lakers/Suns game, but we don't say that out loud.) So how can you be different when humans have been painting since the Lascauw (sp ?) caves. (Caveman voice: Did you see Korg's deer? Looks, just like one I did last new moon. Him copysabertooth.)

Yeah, I can joke, but the truth is this bugs me. I consider myself pretty creative. Why can't I come up with a totally new look, or subject, or composition. Something. Well, I'll just keep painting. One day a blind pig . . . .

Oh, this painting really is from the window of the car. I love the conflict of wild and tamed. The trees are going wherever they can to find sun, and the farmer is planting to maximize production. I just think there is something cool about that. Anyway . . . keep looking. You too may find that acorn.

Thanks for looking.


No comments: