MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Cattle Guard"


8 x 10

From the Evinston Paint Out. This was done on the last day and was so wet I never even put it up. That is an interesting thing about paint outs. What do you do about the really wet paintings? What do you do about people leaning against them? (Sir I'd like to frame your shirt.) What do you do about paintings sticking in their frames? (Permanent framing solutions.) What do you do about bugs and grass and leaves? ("I've just started experimenting with mixed media").

I like this painting. There is a lot going on, but there was hundreds times more going on in real life. I am finding simplification to be more and more the most important part of good plein air painting.

Thanks for looking.

P.S. Just a reminder that I will be attending the Canaveral Seashore Paint Out next month in New Smyrna Beach. It is the week of November 7 through the 13th. It is a benefit for Canaveral Seashore and here is link to the website: http://canaveralseashorepaintout.blogspot.com/ I will be there painting all week long.

No comments: