MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Summer 100 (100 of 100)
"Wet Matanzas"


11 x 14 (plein air)
Painted on Friday at Crescent Beach Paint Out. It was raining and windy (really windy). The only dry place I could find was under the south side of the Matanzas Inlet bridge. There was a family with a father and two young children waiting for Dad to catch some bait for the day of fishing. The little girl, who did not seem very excited to be there, gave me much encouragement and compliments as the painting progressed.
So here's a hundred paintings. I'm going to recap and provide some analysis of the effort in the next couple of days.
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,
Congratulations on reaching 100!

I love the cooler colours in this one and the atmosphere really sets the mood. Love the streak of yellow ochre/naples yellow (?) in the front left hand corner.
Maggie

Steve Andrews said...

Maggie,

Thanks for looking and the comment. It was alot of fun and a good discipline. The yellow was some warm combination of yellow ochre.

Steve

delancydina said...

100 Hip-Hip-Hooray!
I think that the painting with the truck and the fisherman on the beach is the best. You caught the scene perfectly. I felt like I was walking up into his tire tracks and going to peek into is fishing supplies.