MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Blue Water"


5 x7 (Plein air)
From last weekend at St. Mark Wildlife Refuge. I took my paints, my camera and my bike. The weather wasn't great. I took off down this dirt road that heads east into the woods. I had my big backpack with about thirty pounds of equipment. The weather was moving in and the humidity was as close to wet as you can get. Yellow flies and horse flies reminded me that I had forgottent he bug spray. This little dirt road is about one foot above the water in the ditches that were only about ten feet from the side of the road. As I booked down the road on my trusty Cannondale F29er Mountain Bike "things" were scurrying into the water. Some of the things - like the six foot gator - didn't scurry they just watched as I pedaled past. Needless to say after about four miles, with thunder rumbling I turned around and headed for the truck. By the time I got back I was covered in sweat.
Sticking to the plan I was able to do number of small pieces and get a lot of good shots. I have a couple of good ideas. The one above was done at about 7 pm with nice golden light. This was my favorite.

No comments: