MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Rainbow"


5 x 7 (plein air)
Remember all those drawings you did in kindergarden with the rainbow. It's just something that you don't see painted, except by children. I guess the thinking is it's a trite subject. That's what I was thinking as I was sitting out on the dock looking across the lake at a nice rainbow forming in a passing rain shower. So that is just a perfect thing to try and paint. How do you make it look like a rainbow without making it look like a rainbow. Not sure if I did that but it was sure fun to paint. It was also quick. The thing about rainbows is they don't last very long. I probably could have concentrated more on the different colors but the bright yellow was the overpowering color and if I tried to put in all of the colors and the perfect arch . . . well it would have looked like a rainbow.

No comments: