MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Thursday, July 02, 2009

"Ron's Flag"



7 x 5 (Plein air)

An image from the lake painted during the Memorial Day weekend. Ron is the next door neighbor. I thought this would be good for July 4th weekend as well. I am in North Carolina this weekend picking up the girls from camp and visiting my son who is a counselor at the boys camp next door. The mountains of North Carolina are a fantastic place. I love the views. I love the stream that runs next to the roadway. The sound and the cool water and the rapids. Those are things you just don't get in Florida. Today we drove up from Atlanta through Gainesville, Georgia and into North Carolina at Franklin. We hiked to Glenn Falls near Highlands. It's a really pretty spot with a waterfall that drops about 5o feet. You can actually hike up and under the falls. After my son did it I decided I had to give it a try. Here you are squatting under a ledge that makes a cave about ten feet deep. As you squat under there you realize there is a solid rock above you that is about 5o feet thick. If you just happened to be under that ledge when God decided it was time for gravity to do its job, you would just be 'squish'. Luckily, God was not ready for me yet.

Here's a painting from last year in North Carolina. We hiked up Rattlesnake Summit and watched July 4th fireworks in the town of Black Mountain. It was as good as it sounds. I did the painting from a photo taken while on the summit.

"Dusk from Rattlesnake"



5 x 7

Have a Happy July 4th weekend!

No comments: