MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Georgia Field"


5 x 7
This is from the postcard series of landscapes of Florida and South Georgia. I have completed about 60 of these so far this year. The plan is to do 40 more and exhibit them at the Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival in Thomasville in November. They should all be 5 x 7 and will sale for only $110.00 each. I'm putting some of them in floating frames and I think it will be pretty cool.
This is my sixth year at the show and it is a great event that helps raise money for the Thomasville Cultural Center. They treat the artists very nicely and the people of Thomasville are great supporters of the arts. I really don't consider myself a wildlife artist, but landscape can be wildlife, and they keep asking me to come back even though I rarely paint animals. There are some really talented people at the festival and I always come away motivated to keep getting better. I'll keep posting more of them on the blog.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: