MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"In a Florida Jungle"


20 x 16
"Stopping by the Woods on the way to Orlando"

Whose woods are these
I think I know
His house is in
Orlando though.

My little truck
Must think it queer,
To stop without
A gas pump near.

I cut the motor
And open the door
And view with my camera
The woods before.

The only sound
The silent love
Of light wind
In the trees above.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.

My apologies to Robert Frost. This is why I am a painter and not a poet. But these woods are much the same as Robert Frost's woods. There just isn't any snow and there is no horse anymore. But I have tried to capture that same idea of woods being lovely, dark and deep. I hope I succeeded.
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Mary Anne Koos said...

Great take off - and he may have seen these woods himself. Robert Frost used to winter in Gainesville, staying at the Thomas Center, at that time a hotel, now great City offices.

Steve Andrews said...

Thanks Mary Anne, I did not know that about Robert Frost. I'm trying to think of a Frost poem that might have been done about Florida. Do you know one? Thanks for looking.