MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Storm Chaser"




6 x 8 (plein air)

I've been watching the reality show on Discovery about the storm chasers out in the Midwest who follow storms to capture tornadoes on video. It's very interesting with lots of different personalities and crazy gadgets. There are two guys with specially designed vehicles that they drive right in the middle of a tornado and take photos and make measurements. Check it out.

Maybe its just a guy-thing, but I love watching big storms develop and roll in across the lake. This one was painted from the end of the dock. There are certainly people who see me painting in this kind of situation and think "what kind of crazy idiot is that". But . . . I'm careful. Now I don't use the NCAA rule of no-play-if-the-lightening-is-within-10-miles rule but I do count the seconds between the flash and the thunder. In the end this is just a great answer to the composition question of what do you do to break up the horizontal bands.

Thanks for looking.


No comments: