MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Saturday, January 21, 2012

From Battery Park

11 x 14

I love NY.  A couple of years ago I would have scoffed if someone said that.  But in the last three years I've been to New York City three times.  It is really a great place.  Always interesting and different.  My last visit was a couple of months ago.  My son, Micah, ran the New York City Marathon.  Julee and I went along to be the cheering squad.  We had a great time.  While there I took some photos with the idea of doing some paintings.  I figured that there were probably a lot of people who would like a painting from New York.  I also figured it would fun to do something different.   This is from a photo taken at Battery Park on the south end of Manhattan.  Trying to do a painting of the Statute of Liberty without beating you over the head.

Thanks for Looking.

No comments: