MOTTO FOR 2011

Life is full of magic . . . find some

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Orange Lake Overlook


16 x 20

One of the events I participated in this year was the Evinston Paint Out. Evinston is just south of Gainesville off of Highway 441. I stayed down on Lake Weir and drove up in the morning using 441. Just south of the town of McIntosh there is spot where the road crests a hill and you get a great view of Orange Lake. This particular morning the sun was rising and the fog lifting. I had to stop and take some photos. This was done in studio right after the paint out. If I do the paint out again next year I will just set up my biggest easel right there on shoulder of 441 and paint a big one. I wonder how that would work out? Anyway the whole area is just beautiful and I had a great time painting and meeting the people. It was one of the best weeks of painting I had all year.

Thanks for looking.


No comments: